Sunday, October 03, 2004

getting back to abnormal

It's incredible to me that so much time has passed since I posted. Yeowch. I do have a new digital camera and will post over the next day or two. It's unbelievable to me how dependent on that camera I became! It is so simple to use and I was so use to using it. When it broke I was lost! I'm so glad to have it back...or actually a new one just like the old one. My secret pal is the best and I am excited to show of...(ahem..whats left)....my treasures! The chocolate covered espresso beans are my all time favourite treat. The cinnamon jelly bellies a close second...didn't last long! The taffy was so yummy and brought back summer memories. The coffee is just now gone. But the piece de resistan...oh heck...I could never spell in other languages...the ultimate bestest gift was a glorious needle roll...just phenomonal. The color is so rich and lustrous..I feel very grown up when I use it..which I do. Ok..I do this weird thing..I like to look at my knitting stuff. I lay bits of my stash out on my couch, open my needle roll and glance as I knit. I know I'm not the only obsessive one...c'mon...fess up. Even if you have to fib a bit just so I don't feel like such a fiber freak.
Speaking of which, the count down is on. Twelve days till this and I just can't wait. I'm going to be picking my daughter up in Hudson after dropping my son off with my son..(ya follow me??) in Northampton for the weekend. My husband is driving to Florida with his daughter to deliver a car so we'll pretty much all be on the road that weekend. I love traveling with my daughter. She is just so entertaining and such a joy to be with. She makes me laugh like no one else...the soda up your nose, can't breath, pee your pants kinda guffaw. That said, I love traveling with all my kids. I think I mentioned before how important road trips are with kids. If you're buying a new car, and a DVD is an option...opt out! NO!! Don't do it!!!! Oh, the things you'll miss in exchange for a "quiet" trip...heck with that! Take the back roads, stop and look, point things out, eat pie, have burgers and shakes in diners, play music, talk about everything. Road trips are so very important and such a great way to share and get to know your kids...and just as important for them to get to know you....
ok..off the parenting soap box...

and back to the fun place .... I've never been and am so looking forward to it! I have been entrusted with a great mission...the cyber knitting goddess Ana is in *need* of a couple of pieces for spinning. I have my list, the details and the vendor info and the best part is getting to explore something new. I love having a mission! Having never been to this or anything like it, any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

ah yes...knitting...
I am working on the sleeves for Rogue and whipping up a garter edged, seed stitch hot pink scarf as a birthday gift for one of my culinary kids. I have a few rows done on Cozy which I am making in Koigu...(all hail...sigh...) in shades of blue. I was going to do a solid color, but after seeing Wendy's Clapotis in blues, I was smitten. Just lovely.

Yeah, yeah...I know...I broke my cardinal rule of only having one WIP at a time...hey...I can resist anything but temptation!
Stay well and play nice.
mj

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you're back! Your excitement about Rheinbeck is contagious. Makes me wish I lived on the East Coast so I could drive up there myself. But I will have to be content with reading about it on other people's blogs - at least, for this year.
Celia

October 4, 2004 at 6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's super easy to let time get a way with you. No worries. As for the stash admiring... I've got mine all laid out in clear plastic storage bag type things, and they are conveniently just to the left of my knitting chair. Yes, it's nice to gaze.
Bethany
www.yarnagogo.com/bethanyrambling/

October 26, 2004 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home